So I know it’s not anything to scream about but I now have 100 followers…cue the sarcastic ‘Yays’
I can’t believe it took this lame-o blog a year to reach 100 followers but can you really blame it? It’s only now that I’ve started to write more regularly and not think of it as a chore that needs updating…it’s like having a baby, if you don’t treat it with love and affection it won’t treat you with love and affection. Okay maybe it’s a little different.
So yeah, to all my 100 followers you are entitled to a slice of free cake. On the house. Yup, you heard right 😉
“What are you doing right now?”
What am I doing right now? Lying on my bed with an open window thinking about nature and shit. Just kidding, I’m actually on my laptop browsing TSR and stuff but I am in my bedroom with an open window. Plus, I’m wearing a dress and it feels like I haven’t let my legs out from the Land of Jeans in years.
“You know it’s summer when you have an incentive to shave your legs”
The future can seem so daunting at times. Who will I be in a year’s time? Will I get good exam results? Will I fall in love? It just confuses me more than anything when I think about the future. And I’m scared. Terrified. Quaking in my black
fake leather boots. I had to firm my uni choices the other day and it took me about 3 hours to decide. I kept chopping and changing my mind – I’d only realised the other week I didn’t want to go to any of the universities I’d applied to. I wanted to go somewhere better. Then came my next worry. Evidently, I wasn’t going to get the grades. What if I had to take a gap year? I’d be stuck at home for another year while all my friends would be swanning off to university. You get the gist? I am an expert worrier. I worry about everything and anything. Will I ever become pretty? What if I boys don’t like me? What if I get ill again? Gah. I want to be one of those carefree people who take life a step at a time. More than anything I want to be happy. I want to be free.
So you’ve stumbled on this post telling you how to waste your life away doing something completely meaningless and you wish to know how to proceed?
Stop what you’re doing right now and get back to work Look no further! Perksofbeingaprocrastinator takes you on a 7 step process:
1. Food – Well you can’t revise when you’re hungry right? What if you pass out…or something? Go and grab something to eat! To be on the safe side, you should keep eating until you can’t feel your stomach. Better to be safe than sorry, who knows what a lack of sugar could do your brain. Pick up that chocolate bar kid…and pick up two more.
2. YouTube Videos – You can’t start revision until you’re emotionally ready and willing. What better way to ensure that then some good old fashioned YouTube Videos? My personal favourites are Dan&Phil, Emma Blackery, Superwoman etc. Keep going until you’ve seen all their videos back to back!
3. Tidy desk – Cluttered workplace = Cluttered mind. Do you think Einstein became a genius living in a pigsty? The answer is no! You need to make sure your desk/table/whatever is tidy and clutter free. You also need to organise and colour code all your pens, line your books up in alphabetical order and just generally make sure your work space is clean and has you geared up for some efficient revision! Repeat decluttering process 3X for maximum results.
4. Take breaks – That super annoying girl who gets straight A’s in your Biology class didn’t revise seven hours a day non stop! She made sure she took several breaks so the information processed in her head and she didn’t feel like she was going to burn out. That means you should probably follow suit and take plenty of breaks too. Long, three day minimum breaks.
5. Go for walks – Fresh air and a nice brisk walk is just what the doctor prescribed for exam period which reduces most of us to extreme stress cases. To ensure you get enough exercise and a break from looking at your books 24/7 make sure your walk lasts a decent amount. Let’s say a couple of hours. Try and throw in a shopping trip as well just in case you don’t feel ready to return home.
6. Paint your nails – Extremely therapeutic. Nuff’ said
7. Sleep – Goes without saying that you should be getting that necessary twelve hour sleeping period so you don’t wake up feeling like a zombie when you should have ideally have a fresh mind for revision. Oh and two hour naps twice a day are also essential. Can’t have you falling asleep on your maths book can we?
So a few days back I was on a walk in the evening with my Dad. He’d convinced me to come out and pulled me out of my post revision slump. I was just chatting casually to him about my friends and how one in particular had just turned 18 and was desperate to get a tattoo which is literally her life long ambition (that and to own a pair of Timbaland boots) XD
He responded by saying “me too”
I then blurted out in shock “you’re not getting a tattoo before I do!”
He was smirking and mentioned he’d been thinking about it a while. I responded by telling him to take his mid life crisis somewhere else as:
a). My 46 year old father was not getting a tattoo
b) Especially not before me
That’ll make me lamer than my Dad! I am not gonna let him get a tattoo before me D:
Haha, thought I’d try lighten the mood up a bit as my blog is looking a tad shabby and in need of some humour and what not.
The Internet – Fast Lane
Oh no, it’s already four!
Oh wait I haven’t shut my door
Time to study or time to eat?
Well I can’t study until I’ve found a good seat!
I need to sharpen my pencils all day long
Can’t start until my shuffle goes to a good song
Hey look, I just got a text
Need to reply, it’s my friend, she’s slightly vexed
Must tidy my room and make my bed
Now I must make a start on dinner or my mum will see red!
Oh wait, it’s already 9, time to watch Game of Thrones and drown my sorrows
Screw revision, I’ll start tomorrow!