Thought food in the USA just consisted of massive portions of congealed lard and a double portion of fries? Well you’re half right. Some portions are supersize but I found that there was a whole range of deliciousness in variety of cuisines Miami had to offer. Read on for my reccommendations!
- Limonada Bar and Breakfast
- I really fancied some eggs and this brunch place served me up with a tasty Eggs Benedict with a breakfast potato and hollondaise sauce of course which really hit the spot.
- There were loads of other brunch options such as steak and eggs, multiple healthy variations of avocado and toast, a ‘craft your own omelette’ for the creatives, quinoa for the health freaks and sweet options such as waffles and Nutella french toast. Hangover brekkie is sorted and it’s a good ‘un.
- This 50s style diner came with massive portions of comfort food on the menu and vibrant red canteen style tables and chairs for that extra chill factor
- I ordered the Portobello Mushroom wrap which came in a substantially large tortilla wrap filled with salad and onions, served with potatoes
Did I mention the portion was supersize? It looks smaller in the photo I promise!
- I washed it down with a shot of tequila which must have been at least two shots because this doesn’t look like the one I normally get at Spoons…
- Is everything double here? Am I meant to share? What if I don’t want to?
Rosetta Italian Bakery
- The perfect little bakery filled with lots of luxurious savoury and sweet slices to nurse that hangover after a night on Ocean Drive
- Nutella doughnuts really satisfied my sweet tooth enough and there’s more custard and jam pastries if you’re still craving some sugary goodness
- A lot of the late starts we had meant we missed breakfast so I was more than happy to grab a florentine or margharita slice which did the trick
- There are also fresh juices and a range of breads.
- Set in a location that can be hailed Miami’s answer to Boxpark, there were a range of Asian foods from ramen to Vietnamese sandwiches with a variety of different flavors
- Stir fried noodles mixed with sizzling veg and tasty tofu was the dish I opted for – are you drooling yet?
- Hip Hop played from booming speakers outside and there was a cocktail bar which served a range of cocktails for $9. Did somebody say happy hour?
- Carribean food in Little Haiti? Let’s go!
- I managed to find a vegetarian dish which consisted of flavourful rice and kidney beans, sweet plantain and salad which really satisfied my taste buds
- Naturally, there was a variety for meat eaters to choose from like oxtail, barbequed ribs, stewed conch and fried fish
- Takes the contender for one of the best burgers I have ever tasted
- First you pick the choice of meat or veggie filling you want, then you can choose between a pretzel bun, lettuce wrap and potato bun, choose the type of cheese you want and salad and lastly an array of sauces to choose from
- Served with waffle fries, this meal is the ultimate source of comfort food and it put me in a severe food coma
- Classic Mexican joint with a twist – the interior is small and resembles a Subway size seating plan but there’s a door at the back which opens up into a substantially sized casual Weatherspoons style bar
- Waitresses are on hand to take drink orders and you can sit back, relax and enjoy the range of food options
- I opted for soft veggie taco shells which were so good I have to order some more and paired it with a cocktail so I could start my pre-drinking early
- Ok so this place may serve congealed pizza and bucketloads of cheese and fries but it was the perfect spot to get food from a night out when you’re drunk and craving junk food
- Pizza, burgers, wraps, sandwiches, wings and side orders…this is the perfect place to pig out.